Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, August 13, 2010

Baby on Board

At the end of July Easton, my mom and I made a trip out to Cincinnati for my friend Shelley's wedding...and we flew! What an experience with a 6 week old. Let me tell you, I am SOOO glad I had my mom with me.

We booked our flights out of Kansas City which was the half way point for me and mom so Easton and I loaded up Thursday morning and made the 3 hour drive to KC stopping in Olathe to have lunch with Uncle Zach. Easton did so good, he didn't even cry once on the way there. This was looking very good!

When we got to the airport we parked in the economy parking knowing full and well that we'd be taking a shuttle to the airport...this is when the fun started. Now, most of you know my mom pretty well so you can just imagine all of the crap we had between the two of us...and a baby! I'm sure all of the people on the bus were telling the driver to just drive right past us because it was going to take us forever to load up! Thankfully they stopped. It was a chaotic mess but we got our 2 HUGE bags, diaper bag, 2 purses, 1 carry on and stroller/car seat (with baby) loaded up. As the doors of the bus kept hitting me every time they opened (because there was nowhere for me to go with the stroller) I thought what are we getting ourselves into.

The next big hurdle was security. WOWZA! I felt like I was in a race! They are pushing people through so it was no light feat trying to get a baby through security. We had to take Easton out of his car seat, break down the stroller which meant taking the car seat out, pull out our electronics, get all liquids out of the diaper bad and carry ons and get our shoes in the bin. I felt exhausted after we got through.

The moment of truth was approaching...they were boarding. How was Easton going to do on the plane??? We got to our seats and sat down (with our load of stuff - everything but the kitchen sink) and waited for take off. As they started down the runway I got more nervous but I just held the pacifier in his mouth and had a bottle ready to go. Here it was...takeoff...and Easton didn't make a peep! In fact he went the whole plane ride, there and back, without ever crying. I was so proud of him (and relieved). I KNOW the looks people were giving me walking on a plane with a 6 week old. :)



THE WEDDING

The wedding and all the events that surrounded Shelley's wedding were just absolutely beautiful and so much fun! We spent our time rushing to complete last minute projects, getting pampered, taking sunset cruises on the Cincinnati river and riding in limos...all in part because of the amazing wedding event on Saturday night. I've been to quite a few wedding's and I've never seen a more beautiful wedding that Shelley and Joel's. It was so great to see them get married - I can see that Shell is so happy with him. I mean, she did jump up and down when they pronounced them husband and wife. :)

Here are some more pics from the wedding weekend. Thanks to Shelley, Joel and Shelley's parents for such a fun-filled weekend!










No comments:

Post a Comment