Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Paint Color Fiasco

Last Friday we finally rolled over to the 30 week mark. My little baby tracker says I have 65 days left. 65 days! The last month has been filled with so many exciting things from our friends TJ and Elyse's wedding to having our first childbirth class and everything in between.


A couple of weekends ago we had an action packed 3 days - TJ and Elyse got married, we went to the Jeff Dunham show with Lance and Rachel and Justin's parents (if you don't know who Jeff Dunham is you must be from outer space!) and then my mom was here also to help us paint the baby room. I was EXHAUSTED needless to say the following couple of days!


Baby Room Paint Fiasco:


Whoever in their right mind would let their husband talk them into letting the husband and the husband's best friend go to Lowes to pick out the paint color for the baby room must be out of their mind....I guess I should be amitted becuase I did just that. Not a good idea.


So Justin and TJ make their way to Lowe's with (they said) the baby pillow in hand to match colors. I opted for a soft yellow/gold color to offset all the greens and reds in the room but Justin wanted green...and he convinced me. Now, Justin's green was very different from the green I had in mind becuase they came back so proud of their purchase. I opened the can to find, yes ladies, CAMO GREEN. Who, tell me who, puts camo green in a baby room? Not us! After a couple of days of full on battle mode - I finally told him that I was going to go buy the original yellow/gold color that I wanted and paint it no matter what!


Here's where it gets interesting...and what is it with karma??? So mom and I went to Lowes to get the new, CORRECT paint color, matching it up to the teddy bear I had that was the perfect shade of yellow. Got it home, started putting it on the walls and I'm not kidding...the lovely yellow/gold color had a green tint to it and my walls now look like Kermit the Frog...ok, not quite that bad but at the very best some sort of green weed that grows in my front yard. NOT YELLOW! But I'm going to suck it up, chalk one up to karma (and Justin) becuase I sure as heck don't want to repaint it!


Here are some pics from the baby room as it comes together. We still have some wall hangings to add as well as the lovely rocking chair Justin is getting me for Mother's Day this year (hint hint).








No comments:

Post a Comment