Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Catching up with Baby Mills

Pregnancy...what can I say...I certainly do see how some people only have one child. And we aren't even to the end of this thing (or should I say just the beginning). HOWEVER, the morning sickness, nausea, heartburn, pounding headaches...all of that pain goes away the minute you hear the baby's heartbeat just pitter pattering away. The miracle of life is certainly that...miraculous!

We had our very first sonogram in late November just to make sure everything was going good. Our mid-pregnancy sono is next Tuesday which is when we will find out if we are having a little girl or boy. I was sure that it was a girl while Justin feels certain it is a boy. I was feeling quite confident until Rhonda (a gal I work with) went in for her sono and found out she is having a girl. I swear that we are having the opposite because she has had such a great pregnancy and mine...well it's been a little rocky to say the least. Now I guess we'll just have to wait and see on Tuesday. The suspense is killing me!

Right now I am in my 18th week. According to the Bump.com, Baby Mills is about the size of a sweet potato and next week will be a mango. We still are battling on baby names. We have a few ideas for boy names but the girl names are where we run into trouble. Justin seems to a) think it's not going to be a girl so we don't even need to think of them and b) put every name that I come up with into the sentence "Welcome to the stage ______________" (insert baby name here) just to make sure it doesn't sound like a stripper name. What I'm wondering is how does he know that all my names sound like stripper names if he hasn't been to a strip club??? He's rooting for Sue, Ethel and Bertha if it's a girl. He's certain they would never get a date with that name.

Stay tuned because next Tuesday is the big day! Let's just hope that he/she isn't too bashful and bares it all for us!

1 comment:

  1. I like Pearl for a girl! But I'm just SURE that would totally fit right into the stripper names! LOL.

    ReplyDelete